Post by SAMSA Administration on Mar 3, 2014 7:45:08 GMT
San Andreas Motor Sports Association Forum Rules
In posting a message you are agreeing to the rules laid out below. Please take some time to read the full rules and understand them before posting. If you do not agree to the rules, do not post.
The forums operate with light moderation, but we do have a flagging / complaint system and a team of moderators and admins, and we investigate every single complaint. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move messages at any time. If you continuously flout our rules you also risk being temporarily or permanently banned. Our decision is final in these matters.
The forums are provided as a free service; please don't ruin them for everyone else. IP addresses, user ID and email addresses are recorded with each message. Have a complaint about a particular poster? Contact SAMSA Administration immediately, don't antagonize the situation by replying.
You should read and understand the rules below before posting
- New Accounts. Forum posts and comments from new accounts (those with no previous activity) may need to be approved by a moderator before they are published. If this is the case you will be warned at the time you create the post. It is our objective to approve and publish all such posts within 3 hours, but if you post during off-peak hours or very busy times it may take longer. This system is needed to combat the increasing number of spammers attacking these forums, and other abuses. Once you've been approved to post you will no longer see the message when adding comments, threads or posts.
- Moderation and bans. Our moderators have the ability to move, delete and lock threads, to edit / delete posts and to ban accounts temporarily or permanently. You will be informed (by email to the registered account) if you have been given a ban. Temporary bans may vary from 3 to 30 days, with most 'first bans' being 7 days. Permanent bans may also be accompanied by the removal of all your posts. We occasionally extend or turn temporary bans into permanent bans before they expire.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.
- Accounts. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Posting using more than one account will result in the banning of all your accounts. Creating a new user account to continue posting whilst on a temporary ban will result in a permanent ban for both the original and the new account.
- Returning after a permanent ban. In most cases we ban the account, not the person behind it. There is no rule that explicitly forbids you fromcreating a new user account after a permanent ban, but we have sophisticated systems that do a good job of identifying those who do return. For certain users (such as those whose bans resulted from spamming or posting offensive content), we will automatically ban your new accounts as soon as you create them. For most previously banned users, however, the new account will treated as an opportunity for you to make a fresh start on the forums, but be aware: we'll be watching you. Any repeat of the behavior that got you banned will result in a permanent ban for your new (and any future) accounts.
- Be civil. Anyone being rude, abusive, calling names or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. If you think someone is wrong it may be because they are new. Don't jump on them, think first. If you are repeatedly abusive you will be banned from these forums. Specific behavior that will not be tolerated and will result in post removal / banning includes:
Bashing: Deliberately and repeatedly bashing the same brand, product or company. If you have a complaint or comment to make, make it once and make sure you have facts to support it.
Flaming: Insulting, abusive, malicious, personal attacks.
Trolling: Deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait.'
Swearing: Using profanity (or changing characters to bypass our profanity filters)
- Personal information. We would advise that you don't share any personally identifiable information publicly on these forums. Publishing personal information about a third party without their permission will result in a permanent ban. Sharing the content of private messages on the forums without permission is not allowed.
- Commercial Advertising & Promotional / discount codes. We do not allow the use of advertising, promotional / referral codes and URLs, or discount codes in messages, signatures, comments or bios. This will be treated as spamming and is a banning offense.
- SPAM. Posting the same (or similar) message more than twice in any of the forums will be considered spamming. No single user may start more than three new threads in any 15-minute period. This helps to limit SPAM and wasteful cross-posting.
- Harassment. If we receive complaints about users harassing other users either by forum message, email, private message or by other methods the offender will be banned immediately. If warranted, we will also contact the appropriate authorities and report the matter.
- Software piracy. We do not allow the posting of serial numbers, cracks, warez links or anything related to the piracy of software.
- Complaining/Flagging. Please use the complaint / flagging system responsibly. Abuse of the system may result in a ban. If you have a complaint about a user who you consider to be systematically breaking the rules or who is harassing you, don't flag all their posts, please contact SAMSA Administration directly.
- Legal ownership. Each message posted is owned by and the opinion of the original poster. Neither SAMSA nor its owners are legally responsible for anything posted on these forums. SAMSA Administration reserves the right to remove any or all of your messages at any time and ban you if he sees fit.